What is fermented food?
Fermentation is an ancient food processing method using salt and vegetables- a Natural protocol that promotes enzymes and Probiotics formation, unlike what is sold these days in the Supermarkets. These prepared pickled (FERMENTED) veggies don't have the active living bacteria and enzymes.
Sauerkraut and Kimchee are examples of fermented foods, not only great for their sour taste but also contains significant benefits for our health.
Sauerkraut health benefits
Here I’ll discuss the importance of Sauerkraut in the Macrobiotic Diet for healing the gut, building the immune system, assisting in weight loss, keeping the skin glowing as well as improving overall digestion.
- Healthy digestion and strong immune system are directly related to how we feel and look- glowing skin and weight loss happens naturally when consuming fermented food (natural of course) on a daily basis together with a natural diet rich in fibers, greens and a small amount of sugar.
- Healthy gut - When fermenting the vegetables with sea salt -they Taste mildly sour unlike lemon or Apple cider Vinegar. The healthy enzymes which are present in the vegetables flourish when fermented, and create an environment that is full of probiotics, enzymes, and minerals which are important for a healthy body.
|This is an ambassador link redirecting you to products from dr. Gundry -they are absolutely my best choice -for probiotics|
The probiotic good bacteria and enzymes help to populate our gut and intestines with Lactobacilli which are really important for healthy digestion.
- Anti-aging: Raw, cultured vegetables are really potent in terms of helping the body to operate efficiently. I believe both Enzymes and Probiotics are key substances for anti-aging, and because they are reduced dramatically with age and bad habits, it becomes crucial to consume fermented foods on a daily basis. When the body is working the way it should, we not only feel great but look beautiful too.
- Weight loss-eating fermented vegetables will also help with weight loss and lead to more energy, as well as balance out the pH levels of the body. When everything is working as it should, you will find that your immune system is boosted by having a healthy gut -which makes you literally feel cleaner and happier
- The other hidden benefit of eating fermented foods is that they can help to control cravings for sweets. One spoon of Sauerkraut-and you will see how cravings are dissipating.
- Glowing skin -fermented foods also help to eliminate toxins from our body, so eating them will allow your intestines to detox which is a really good thing not only for your health but also for your skin appearance. When more Detoxification is present -weight loss becomes easier.
Preparation of Natural Sauerkraut:
sea salt or Himalayas salt
Chopped one cabbage-Finely
Place in a clean glass jar that has a tight lead
Place layers of cabbage one inch and a pinch of Himalayan salt- then use a wooden spoon to press down the layers. -this action will release liquid from the cabbage, eventually covering 3/4 or most of the cabbage
Keep layering the cabbage each time adding a pinch of salt. When reaching the top of the jar -leave one inch to cover with 1–2 cabbage leaves, press again all the layers. Close with the lead
Let it sit in on the kitchen counter for few days- in the summer the cabbage ferments much faster. Remove the large leaves and taste your cabbage for readiness. When ready keep it refrigerated
I recommend 2–4 tbsp. per day.
Enjoy your vibrating Health - For my recommended probiotics and antioxidants click on the Link below: