- Improving your good gut bacteria.
- Helping you lose any excess pounds -when your gut is healthy you will have a tendency to remain slim!!
- Developing an improved sense of well-being.
- Will improve your skin and reduce puffiness.
- Improve immune response
For a better detox try Gua Sha- it is a natural stone that helps you massage your entire body inducing lymphatic drainage and detox.
A cleanse is not necessarily easy, but I promise you it is so worth it, and it does get easier. it is important to go at your own pace, rest plenty and Just do the best you can because there will be some difficult moments -but they passes and again just focus on the amazing sense of well being you will get at day number three- your skin will glow and yes -you will lose a couple of pounds. Some of it is water the rest is fat.
7 Days Detox
Now, this cleanse has been my protocol for many years - it is not so extreme as I use to do many years ago but I find that the results are still amazing- it is designed to jumpstart your journey to health, and well being. These three days will change your PH completely to a more alkaline and that is exactly what makes you feel so well and happy. Also, the balance in your bacteria will shift in the favor of the good guys -less bloating, gas and yes finally you may feel your flat stomach again. It will help to repair your gut's ecosystem, You’ll basically starve your bad gut bacteria –such as candida by not feeding it with sugar and all the junk food - the Gut's ecosystem balance is the one that determined how you feel. Give yourself time to connect to yourself and see how wonderful the changes in the diet affect your sense of well-being.
A word of caution -if you revert to your old bad habits after the cleanse, the new benefits I mentioned will disappear within days.
The idea behind this Diet
During the 3 days -you will eliminate certain foods while focusing on eating a variety of good anti-inflammatory foods that will help you heal your gut while losing fat and bloating. My advise - Take some additional supplements to help maintain a healthy gut while improving your digestion. Probiotics, Magnesium, Zinc, and 18-24 oz celery juice on an empty stomach.
- Helps improve digestion
- Aids in maintaining healthy energy and vitality
- Assists in balancing healthy gut flora
- Gentle, drinkable formula helps keep digestion comfortable
The food you can eat
- Broccoli/Cruciferous/Broccoli/Brussels sprouts/Cauliflower
- Bok choy/Napa cabbage/Chinese cabbage/Swiss chard
- Arugula/Watercress/Collards/Kale/Radicchio/Raw sauerkraut
- Carrots/Carrot greens/Artichokes/Beets/Radishes
- Daikon radishes -highly recommended for fat loss
- Hearts of palm cilantro/Okra/Asparagus
- Leafy greens/Romaine/Kohlrabi/Spinach/Endive
- Dandelion greens-highly recommended for liver cleanse
- Butter lettuce/Fennel/Escarole/Mustard greens/Parsley/Basil/Mint
- Seaweed/Sea vegetable
The good news - you can eat as much as you want of the vegetables above, either cooked or raw.
While on this cleanse, I recommend to limit or avoid consuming animal protein however if you feel that you must have, then go for - small portions of fish not more than two 4 ounces.
3/ Oils and fats
Try using small small amounts as this will speed up your cleanse. Too much fats slows you down.
- Avocado oil/ entire avocado
- Coconut oil
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Hemp seed oil
- Flaxseed oil
4/ In between meals
Of course, while on the cleanse, you’ll crave snacks. Try fresh lettuce, celery sticks and carrots with a handful of nuts (be easy on them )pine nuts, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, and hazelnuts are always great to tide you over until lunch or dinner.
Yes, you can - consume your greens raw in the form of a salad, smoothie, or juice. You may also steam or cook them but not more than a few minutes to preserve its vitamin content.
6/ Dressings for your Salads
It is best to use olive oil or hemp oil with freshly squeezed lemon
You can add the following for extra taste –
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Sea salt/Fresh herbs/Fresh spices
- Lemon or lime juice
8/ Few more words
Get during these three days some special time to rest, sleep well, and try avoiding temptations like birthday parties and going out.
Again remind yourself why you are doing it and how wonderful you will feel after three days. Once finished you will continue with a healthy diet Alkaline -no refined sugars and preferably without GLUTEN. I will post my guidelines later so that you have an easy integration into maintaining all the good that you have just started. Whenever hungry- if you need some protein you can go for organic chicken or wild fish that swims in cold water such as Salmon, Tuna, Flounder. It is best prepared either by poaching it in a pane with water, lemon, and salt or baked. This portion should be not bigger than the size of your palm.
9/ Exercise gently
10-15 minutes per day - I prefer Yoga or body rolling using softballs or foam to massage the muscles and connective tissues. If you are not familiar with this method just use YOUTUBE and go for a Pilates floor work basic routine.
10/ Coming out of the cleanse
Be easy on yourself while you come out of this cleanse - keep the momentum you have created by now and stay focused on changing not only your diet but also your lifestyle. On days Day 4-7 You may add some Salmon the size of the palm of your hand, or organic goat cheese in small amounts.
For the next 3 weeks try the following:
1. GLUTEN-FREE diet -keep staying away from gluten and corn products as they are GMO -they have been genetically altered and therefore very harmful to your health.
2. Suger free diet - limit 2 fruits per day Sugar is a silent killer and at the same time doesn't allow you to lose weight. once you starve your body from sugars and carbs you will be able to see a significant weight loss.
3. Stay with limited Carbs - if you must have rice go for white rice and not more than 1 cooked cup -your body will get used eventually to the shift as you will start eating more veggies, greens, and good fats with smaller portions of proteins and almost non-carbs.